Toward tighter security...

Russell Bateman-2
Is there a way to use an existing reporting task mechanism, to write a
custom reporting task or by other means to catch a UI user looking at a
flowfile (via right-clicking on the queue, then choosing List queue ->
View Details) including which flowfile was looked at (by /filename/ or
/uuid/ or maybe one of our own attributes)?

We have flowfiles containing personal health data (PHI) which no one is
supposed to see, but in the case where it's unavoidably crucial to take
a look, for debugging or otherwise observing the functioning of a flow,
we must know the extent of exposure for legal reasons.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Russ

Re: Toward tighter security...

Joe Witt
Russ,

This is precisely why there is a DOWNLOAD event type in provenance.  I
recommend using that mechanism to track this.  You can also register
an authorizer which based on tags of the data and which user/entity is
trying to access a given resource - whether they are allowed.

Thanks
Joe

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:09 PM, Russell Bateman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Is there a way to use an existing reporting task mechanism, to write a
> custom reporting task or by other means to catch a UI user looking at a
> flowfile (via right-clicking on the queue, then choosing List queue -> View
> Details) including which flowfile was looked at (by /filename/ or /uuid/ or
> maybe one of our own attributes)?
>
> We have flowfiles containing personal health data (PHI) which no one is
> supposed to see, but in the case where it's unavoidably crucial to take a
> look, for debugging or otherwise observing the functioning of a flow, we
> must know the extent of exposure for legal reasons.
>
> Thank you for your thoughts,
>
> Russ

Re: Toward tighter security...

Russell Bateman-2
Thank you, Joe. I'll look in that direction.

Russ