How to update attribute based on text file contents?

How to update attribute based on text file contents?

David Leighton
Hi,

What is the best way to update a NiFi attribute based on the contents of a text file (not a flow file)?
Is there an expression language mechanism that supports this?

Thanks,
Dave L

David Leighton, Network+, Security+
Bridges Consulting, Inc.
Application Developer IV
Main:  301-974-6200 | Direct:  667-812-0605
2701 Technology Drive, Suite 210
Annapolis Junction, MD   20701

[http://www.bridges-inc.com/sc-admin/uploads/bridges-logo-tagline1red-small90high-wka7.png]

Trusted experts.  Intentional culture.  Limitless opportunities.
Join our cybersolutions team!  bridges-inc.com<http://www.bridges-inc.com/>

This email may contain confidential information and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient; if you have received this email in error, please delete and notify the sender.

Re: How to update attribute based on text file contents?

Joe Witt
Dave

You can use ExtractText processor to promote content or portion(s) of
content for a flowfile attribute and can use expression language from
there to adjust as needed.

Thanks

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 12:16 PM, David Leighton
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What is the best way to update a NiFi attribute based on the contents of a text file (not a flow file)?
> Is there an expression language mechanism that supports this?
>
> Thanks,
> Dave L

> David Leighton, Network+, Security+
> Bridges Consulting, Inc.
> Application Developer IV
> Main:  301-974-6200 | Direct:  667-812-0605
> 2701 Technology Drive, Suite 210
> Annapolis Junction, MD   20701
>
> [http://www.bridges-inc.com/sc-admin/uploads/bridges-logo-tagline1red-small90high-wka7.png]
>
> Trusted experts.  Intentional culture.  Limitless opportunities.
> Join our cybersolutions team!  bridges-inc.com<http://www.bridges-inc.com/>
>
> This email may contain confidential information and should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient; if you have received this email in error, please delete and notify the sender.
>  This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by Mimecast.
>  For more information please visit http://www.mimecast.com

Re: How to update attribute based on text file contents?

Joe Gresock
It sounds like Dave is trying to use the content of a text file on the file
system, not from a flow file.

Dave, can you describe the use case in more detail?  There are a couple
processors that use files from the file system (e.g.,
ReplaceTextWithMapping), but I can't tell if it would fit in your case.

--
I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I
whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do
all this through him who gives me strength.    *-Philippians 4:12-13*

Re: How to update attribute based on text file contents?

Joe Witt
lol.  I suppose the "(not a flowfile)" thing wasn't bold enough for my
brain to notice :-)  Thanks