How to transfer files between two windows machines using NiFi?

How to transfer files between two windows machines using NiFi?

prabhu Mahendran
Hi All,

i know that using "RoboCopy" and "Copy" to move the files between two machines.

I need to know how to configure those commands ExecuteStreamCommand processor in NiFi.

Is there is any other option available without using ExecuteStream/ExecuteProcess processors?

Re: How to transfer files between two windows machines using NiFi?

Mark Payne
Prabhu,

The recommended approach would be to use Site-to-Site [1] to transfer the data between
the two NiFi instances.

Thanks
-Mark

On Jun 14, 2017, at 2:53 AM, prabhu Mahendran <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

i know that using "RoboCopy" and "Copy" to move the files between two machines.

I need to know how to configure those commands ExecuteStreamCommand processor in NiFi.

Is there is any other option available without using ExecuteStream/ExecuteProcess processors?

Re: How to transfer files between two windows machines using NiFi?

prabhu Mahendran
i wants to know how to configure the executestream command for the below command.

copy C:\input\ip.txt \\host2\C:\destFolder\ip.txt
Actually if i open cmd prompt(AnyPath) then write this command it could worked in windows.

But i need to process those command in NiFi.

I tried those command in following attributes like below.

Command Arguments:copy C:\input\ip.txt \\host2\C:\destFolder\ip.txt
Command Path:C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
Argument Delimiter: space
Here after success of executestream command processed in OutputStream relationship but functionality of the command not issued.

In that command i have copy the file(ip.txt) from host1 into host2 machine.Generally if i run that command in cmd.exe then file copied into host2.

But if configure those parameters in ExecuteStreamcommand i have received outputstream but my command not run and file not moved into host2.
Can you suggest me way to solve this?

On Wed, Jun 14, 2017 at 5:17 PM, Mark Payne <[hidden email]> wrote:
Prabhu,

The recommended approach would be to use Site-to-Site [1] to transfer the data between
the two NiFi instances.

Thanks
-Mark

On Jun 14, 2017, at 2:53 AM, prabhu Mahendran <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi All,

i know that using "RoboCopy" and "Copy" to move the files between two machines.

I need to know how to configure those commands ExecuteStreamCommand processor in NiFi.

Is there is any other option available without using ExecuteStream/ExecuteProcess processors?

Re: How to transfer files between two windows machines using NiFi?

Chris Herrera
Hi Prabhu,

Just curious if you could maybe use GetFile/PutFile or FetchFile depending on your use case?

Thanks and Regards,
Chris

On Jun 13, 2017, 11:53 PM -0700, prabhu Mahendran <[hidden email]>, wrote:
Hi All,

i know that using "RoboCopy" and "Copy" to move the files between two machines.

I need to know how to configure those commands ExecuteStreamCommand processor in NiFi.

Is there is any other option available without using ExecuteStream/ExecuteProcess processors?

Thanks,