Cluster is unable to service request to change flow

Cluster is unable to service request to change flow

mayank rathi
Hello All,

I was troubleshooting an issue with my cluster ( 3 node) and I ran bin/nifi.sh stop on the primary node. Controller chose another node as Primary and cluster is processing data but when I try to stop a Processor Group in NiFi UI, I get below error.

"Cluster is unable to service request to change flow: Node *****.*****.****.****:7070 is currently disconnected"

Why is Cluster concerned about old Primary node? How to resolve this error?

Thanks!!

Re: Cluster is unable to service request to change flow

Pierre Villard
Mayank,

When a node is disconnected, the UI switches to read-only mode. That's why it's saying that action cannot be complete: there is one disconnected node (it does not matter it is the old primary node). If you want to have normal access to the UI, you need to completely remove the node from the cluster or reconnect it.

Hope this helps,
Pierre

Hello All,

I was troubleshooting an issue with my cluster ( 3 node) and I ran bin/nifi.sh stop on the primary node. Controller chose another node as Primary and cluster is processing data but when I try to stop a Processor Group in NiFi UI, I get below error.

"Cluster is unable to service request to change flow: Node *****.*****.****.****:7070 is currently disconnected"

Why is Cluster concerned about old Primary node? How to resolve this error?

Thanks!!

Re: Cluster is unable to service request to change flow

mayank rathi
Thanks Pierre,

"you need to completely remove the node from the cluster" --> I already ran stop script on the node. UI shows that node is disconnected. What else needs to be done to remove node from the cluster?