AbstractRecordProcessor

chris herrera-2
Hi All,

I was starting to work on the HBase record processors, and while looking around found the AbstractRecordProcessor in org.apache.nifi.processors.standard. Best I can tell, this is currently implemented in UpdateRecord and ConvertRecord. However, AbstractRecordProcessor extends AbstractProcessor with the addition record-specific logic, thus making it a slightly better starting point from which to create a record-based processor. I was wondering wether it makes sense to move the AbstractRecordProcessor to  nifi-api from where it currently lives int the nifi-nar-bundles (under the standard processors).

As a follow on to this, does it make sense to create a maven archetype that basically has the shell of a record based processor (essentially a light implementation of AbstractRecordProcessor)?

Thanks!
Chris